Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Banana Bread

Every since I bought that 2lb bag of yeast from Amazon.com, I've been looking for recipes that I can use all that 2lb of yeast for. We ran out of bread yesterday, and our loaf of asiago cheese bread from Wholefoods was on its way out as well. I happened to have two very ripe bananas (I like my bananas only when they turn black, and that's the way its supposed to be eaten, not half green, or even yellow!) and decided to make banana bread!


Ingredients:

2 bananas (very ripe)
~ 2 1/2 cups flour (white or whole wheat)
3/4 cups warm water
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon yeast
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar (white or brown)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder

Method:

Mash bananas with a fork.



Add warm water to the yeast and wait for it to bubble (approximately 5min). After the yeast bubbles, add sugar, salt, milk, cinnamon powder, vanilla extract and flour to the bowl and start mixing. Set aside and cover. Let dough rise for 30 - 40min, or until it doubles it size.


Fold in mashed bananas and scoop mixture into an oiled loaf pan. Bake in the oven at 375F for 45mins.


No comments:

Post a Comment