Friday, October 7, 2011

Lobster Aglio Olio

Aglio e olio, my favorite pasta dish in the world. Lobster, my favorite seafood, second only to crab. Enough said. Also, check out my Chicken Primavera Aglio Olio.

Lobster Aglio Olio - eat your hearts out!

Ingredients:

  • 5 cloves of garlic
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 lobster tail
  • 1/4 pound (packet) dried pasta
  • a dash red pepper flakes (optional)
  • a dash of parsley flakes
  • grated parmesan/romano cheese


Method:

Boil pasta as per instructions on the box. (Or, you can be fancy and make your own pasta.) I used angel hair, because its thinner, cooks faster, and has more surface area of contact with the other ingredients, hence better absorption of flavors.

Over a medium-low heat fry the minced garlic in the extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt until it smells good, and is on the verge of being golden brown. (I like to add salt to my garlic/oil mixture because it flavors the oil and makes the garlic bits very tasty.) I added a dash of red pepper flakes to the oil for flavor if you like things a little spicy.

delicious garlic frying up
most delicious thing in the world


Chop up your lobster tail into bite-sized pieces.


Add the lobster pieces into the garlic and oil mixture. 

all my favorite things in one pan...

Add the boiled pasta, then parsley flakes to the pan and fry until the pasta is warm. Top with some freshly grated parmesan/romano cheese and serve.

Lobster Aglio Olio
all mixed up :)


No comments:

Post a Comment