Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tahu Telor (Indonesian Tofu Omelette)

So every time I go to the Asian supermarket, which is about once in two months, I'll get one packet of tofu. I love tofu, Jason doesn't. So, I had to hide it wisely, so that I can just make one dish for the both of us, instead of having to make two dishes for a meal. 

I decided to make Tahu Telor, since it was an omelette, and it was fried. Who doesn't like fried omelettes, right? Of course, my genius-ness paid off, and even Jason ate it and said it was good. Looks like we can get a lot more tofu the next Asian supermarket shopping trip!


Ingredients: 
  • 1 packet firm tofu (diced)
  • a dash of salt
  • 3 eggs (beaten)
  • 1 tablespoon shallot oil (or canola oil)
  • 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon sambal belacan
  • 1 tablespoon ground peanuts


Method:
Beat the eggs and add a dash of salt. Set aside.

Mix the dark soy sauce, sambal belacan, sugar and ground peanuts. Set aside.

Warm the frying pan and add the shallot oil to the pan. Fry the tofu cubes until the sides are crispy and golden brown.

Add the beaten eggs to the tofu cubes, and fry it like a normal omelette until both sides are crispy and golden brown. Serve with the dark soy sauce mixture.


No comments:

Post a Comment