Mashed sweet potatoes is nothing new to my kitchen. We both like sweet potatoes a lot more than regular potatoes, so sweet potato fries, sweet potato mash, sweet potato anything flies off the pot every time we do something with sweet potato in it.
Ingredients (2 Servings)
- 1 lb sweet potatoes
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- De-skin the sweet potatoes with a potato peeler, and cut the sweet potatoes into quarters of about the same size.
- Put the cut sweet potatoes into a large pot, and fill the pot with water until all the sweet potatoes are covered.
- Heat the pot until the water starts to boil. Cover, turn down the heat, and let simmer for another 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander, then return it to the warm pan. Mash potatoes with a potato masher to desired consistency. Add milk, butter, maple syrup, salt and brown sugar and mix until evenly distributed.
- In another pan, heat the cooking oil under medium heat and add the sliced onions to the pan. Fry the onions until soft and brown.
- Add the onions to the mashed sweet potatoes. Mix in, or put on top.