Thursday, December 29, 2011

Miso Sesame Mashed Potatoes

Shindig 2011 gave me a huge challenge. I needed some Christmas, some Singapore, some Asian and some Western in the menu, plus it has to be vegetarian friendly. I had an Asian-inspired turkey, and it needed some Western side to be 'Asian-inspired' too. This was what I came up with, and I dare say it is pretty good!


Ingredients
  • 5 pounds russet potatoes
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • 2 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon miso paste
  • 2 tablespoons hot water
  • 1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish

Method
  • Melt the miso paste by adding the hot water to the miso paste, and mixing well.



  • Peel, cube and boil the potatoes until soft. This should take about 20 minutes.
  • Mash the potatoes with a potato masher, and add the butter, milk, miso paste and sesame oil to the mashed potato.
  • Serve warm (and fluffy).



No comments:

Post a Comment