Favorite food in the world - sushi. My favorite sushi rolls have big bold flavors, but must definitely have salmon and avocado. I posted my salmon-avocado roll recipe some time back, but I'm back for more salmon-avocado awesomeness!
Here's the American favorite - Philadelphia roll. The Philadelphia roll is a variant sushi roll made with smoked salmon (not fresh salmon), cream cheese (hence the name of the roll due to the Philadelphia cream cheese brand) and cucumber or avocado. I don't like the Philly roll as much as the original salmon-avocado roll because I like fresh salmon more than smoked salmon, but I still like it a lot more than most other rolls out there.
Ingredients (makes 4 rolls)
- 4 sheets nori (seaweed)
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 6 oz smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 1/3 packet cream cheese, cut into strips
- 1/2 avocado, cut into strips
- Cook sushi rice with water and salt in a rice cooker.
- When the rice is done, add the rice vinegar and sugar, and combine well.
- With wet hands, press 1/4 of the rice onto the bottom half of a sheet of nori.
- Place the smoked salmon, avocado and cream cheese in the middle of the rice and roll.
- Repeat with the other three rolls.
- Cut each roll into eight equal pieces.