- 1 bunch kailan (Chinese broccoli)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon fried shallots
- Chop off the ends of the kailan and steam it in a steamer for about 5 minutes.
- While the kailan is steaming, prepare the sauce by combining the oyster sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and cooking wine in a sauce pan, and heating it until the sauce starts to bubble.
- When the kailan is steamed, pour the sauce over the kailan and top with fried shallots.