Ingredients (makes 8 cakes)
- 1 pound tilapia fillet
- 1/3 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Bake/steam tilapia fillets until cooked. Flake the fillets with a fork.
- Add the flaked tilapia and all other ingredients except cooking oil into a large bowl. Mix ingredients together.
|ingredients all mixed together|
- Shape mixture into eight patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, place fish cakes in the pan and fry until browned (about 3-4 minutes). Flip the fish cakes and fry until the other side is brown (another 3 minutes).
- Serve warm.