Anyway, cream cheese and strawberries go incredibly well together, and so I decided to make strawberry and cream cheese muffins! These are delicious! We served them on game night, and our friends thought so too. Grab some before they disappear!
Ingredients (makes 18 muffins)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar (this is a reduced sugar recipe)
- 1 1/4 cup millk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup strawberries
- 1/2 stick cream cheese
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Put your strawberries and cream cheese in the freezer for 20 to 30mins. This freezes them up a little, and makes it a lot easier for you to cut them.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla essence, egg, milk and vegetable oil.
- Mix it until everything is combined.
- Remove your berries and cream cheese from the fridge, and cut them into tiny pieces.
- Mix the berries and cream cheese into the mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into baking cups. Remember to only fill the baking cups only halfway as they will expand in the oven.
- Bake them in the oven at 350F for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.