Not to mention, the weeks before the new year are for shopping for new clothes (everyone must wear new clothes for the new year), new year snacks and cookies, and food. As people probably know, we seldom buy clothes, and I have not bought clothes for the new year since coming to the US. However, we were at Target getting a food processor yesterday and spotted some items on sale for 70% off! (Yes, I'm a sucker for sales.) So, in the end, we ended up getting a red fleece jacket for myself (for $5) and a red fleece pullover for Jas (for $8). They both happened to be red, so we justified the expense by calling it 'Chinese New Year clothes' - not bad for $13.
As such, we kids (I now have to use kids in a broader term because I am an adult, but still am in the youngest generation and don't yet have to give out red packets) love the new year. New clothes, money and food? Don't mind if I do!
Ingredients (makes 3 full cookie sheets of cookies)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups crushed coco crunch
- Mix all the ingredients together, forming a dough.
- Roll the dough out into a long tube.
- Pinch small amounts of dough from the tube, and lay them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes in the oven at 375F.