I've known of this recipe for a while now, but waited to try it because it was sweet, and it was white - two things that don't spell really healthy for me. However, I had kaya in the fridge, and kaya goes really well with sweet bread, so I took the plunge.
No regrets there though. This loaf came out nicely. It's soft, and it's sweet. What more can one ask for in a loaf of bread?
Ingredients (1 loaf)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon yeast
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- dash of salt
- Add the sugar and yeast to the warm water, and let it proof for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After proofing, add flour to the mixture and knead the dough into a ball.
- Cover the dough, and let it rise in a warm place until it doubles in size (approximately 1 hour).
- When the dough has risen, punch it back down, and knead it a couple of times.
- Oil a loaf pan, and place the dough in the pan.
- Bake the dough at 375F for 30-35 minutes.