Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Chocolate Marshmallow Rice Krispie Treats

I still remember the first time eating Rice Krispies cereal! It was at a food court in Changi Airport (Singapore) back when I was a kid. I don't remember where we were going on holiday, but I do remember being allowed to pick out my own snack before we left. I chose Rice Krispies and milk, since it was the first time I saw the Rice Krispies cereal. Yes, as a kid, I already chose to try things I've never had before, a trait I definitely got from my mom.

Anyway, for Chinese New Year, we sometimes make a snack with chocolate and corn cereal. I figured that I can concoct something like that based on Rice Krispies instead, and drew some influence from Rice Krispie treats. In the end, we got a Rice Krispie snack that is halfway between the Chinese New Year snack and Rice Krispie Treats. :)



Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 2.5 oz marshmallows
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips
  • 2 cups Rice Krispies



Method
  • In a microwavable bowl, microwave the butter, marshmallows and chocolate chips for 1.5 minutes, then mix the mixture with a wooden spoon.
  • If the mixture becomes difficult to mix, microwave for 1 minute, then mix again. Repeat this step until the mixture is mixed evenly.
  • When the mixture is mixed evenly, add the Rice Krispies to the mixture, and coat the Rice Krispies with the mixture. 
  • If the mixture becomes hard and difficult to mix, microwave it for 1 minute, and continue mixing.



  • When the Rice Krispies and the chocolate-marshmallow mixtures are evenly mixed, press the Rice Krispies into a loaf pan, and let cool. It will harden.
  • When the Rice Krispies are hard, cut into small pieces and serve.





No comments:

Post a Comment