Home fries are an American breakfast favorite. I've actually never heard of home fries until moving here, but they are incredibly tasty, and I'd like to think that it's a lot healtheir than regular fries too, since they weren't deep fried. Really, who can dislike really crisp potato pieces?
- 1 large potato, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 large sweet potato/sweet yam, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (or bacon fat)
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- any chopped fresh herbs (optional)
- In a heated pan, add the cooking oil (or bacon fat), then add the potato cubes.
- Fry the potato cubes for about 2 minutes, browning one side, before flipping them over and browning the other sides.
- Fry the potatoes for about 10 minutes total, then add salt black pepper and some fresh herbs (optional).
- Serve with toast, eggs and bacon for a great Sunday breakfast!