Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lemon Dill Baked Potatoes

Crispy potatoes + not fried = a great recipe!

Everyone loves fried potatoes. I cringe when I think of it, but when you put fries in front of me, I'll start snacking on them. However, why eat fries when you can eat baked potatoes that taste better than fries, and are much healthier? Yup, I've always thought that baked potatoes can't be as good as fried potatoes. I mean, why fry them if you can bake them, if they taste just as good? Well, I think that it is because frying is so much faster than baking them, and in this day and age, time is money, and health is just not factored into this equation.

Just try it! Baked potatoes taste good, and this one particularly tastes like high class fries with that lemon and dill. :) Thank me later.




Ingredients
  • 3 potatoes (I used regular white potatoes) 
  • 1/2 lemon
  • 2 tablespoons dill, roughly chopped
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • dash of salt
  • dash of pepper


Method
  • Peel potatoes, then cut them into 1" by 1" cubes.
  • Place the potatoes onto a large cookie sheet, then add the oil to the potatoes.
  • Grate the peel of the lemon onto the potatoes, then add the salt, pepper and dill.
  • Mix the potatoes with hands until all ingredients are evenly combined.
  • Evenly spread out the potatoes on the cookie sheet and bake at 375F for 45 minutes.
  • Serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment