Maple Dill Carrots is a staple side that we get at Poulet, back in ol' Balty. These days, the closest Poulet to us is in the Pru, and if we're in that area, we'd rather have something nicer than just Poulet. However, the maple dill carrots still stuck with us and we love having sweet carrots as a side.
- 5 carrots, cut into finger-sized pieces (or use baby carrots)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- a small handful of fresh dill, chopped
- Peel and cut the carrots into finger-sized pieces, and place the carrots in a steaming basket.
- Steam the carrots for about 5 minutes, then remove and place into a bowl.
- Add the butter, maple syrup and salt.
- Mix until all pieces of carrots are evenly combined.
- Add the chopped dill and toss until dill is evenly combined.