Here's a soft ginger molasses cookie that is incredibly healthy. I've halved the sugar intake and halved the butter used. Have more than two! :)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger (3 tablespoons if you like it noticeably gingery)
- 1 teasponn baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar (this is a low sugar recipe)
- 1/2 cup butter (this is a low fat recipe)
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Add all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until mixed. The cookie dough will be very sticky.
- Using a spoon, scoop about one heaping tablespoon of cookie dough onto the baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the cookie dough is used.
- Bake the cookies in the oven at 375F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.