I'm not much of a breakfast person. Meaning, I'd like a nice big breakfast, but will not get up half an hour earlier to make a nice breakfast. Sometimes, when I really feel like it, I go all out and make a huge breakfast. Although it is not as big a breakfast like in a hotel's continental buffet breakfast, having meat and potatoes for breakfast is considered a large breakfast by my standards, especially when our usual breakfast is cold cereal with almond milk, or on better days, a toasted bagel.
Ingredients (breakfast for 2)
- 4 slices of bacon (more, if you like bacon)
- 4 eggs
- 2 large potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- [optional] any chopped fresh herbs (I used dill.)
- pinches of salt
- pinches of pepper
- In a cold frying pan, add the bacon, and turn up the heat to medium.
- Let the bacon fat render out, and fry until the bacon is crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and place it in a plate lined with a paper towel. Do not pour away the bacon fat.
- In the same pan, crack the eggs into the pan, and scramble the eggs.
- When the eggs are almost done, add a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper to the eggs.
- Remove the cooked eggs from the pan.
- In another pan, add the cooking oil, and fry the potato cubes on high heat, stirring occasionally.
- When the potatoes are browned and cooked, serve.
- Place the eggs, potatoes and bacon on a plate and serve.