Friday, March 16, 2012

Banana and Peanut Butter Brownie

I don't know how I put together that banana and brownies went really well together, but I did, and I dare claim that to be my own idea. It all started when I found Betty Crocker's brownie mixes for $1 at my local grocery store back in ol'Balty. As a starving college student, I thought that was a great deal, and stocked up on brownie mixes. These days, I'm wiser, and I pre-package brownie mixes on my own, and add the oil and eggs when I want to make them. This way, it is way cheaper than $1 for brownie mix, and I know how much sugar goes into them - half of the recommended sugar!

Anyway, I've been making banana brownies for years now. I bring them to parties and gatherings, and people absolutely love them. The thing is, bananas are really nice and mushy when they're cooked, and since they are a fruit, people actually feel better eating these brownies than others. It's a strange psychological thing. Since bananas and peanut butter go so well together, and peanut butter and chocolate are a pair made in heaven, and bananas and brownies have received such overwhelming response, I decided that there is no way that banana, peanut butter and brownies can't go together and blow my mind away.

And it did. Try it! Banana, peanut butter and brownies in one bite!



Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 banana
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter bites


Method
  • Combine all the ingredients except the banana and peanut butter bites, and mix with a spatula (or a hand mixer.)
  • When the brownie mixture is even, add in the peanut butter bites and sliced banana, and mix to combine.


  • Pour the mixture into a greased 9" by 9" baking pan.
  • Bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 350F, or until the sides of the brownie pull away from the edges.
  • Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan.
  • Cut into squares and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment