Friday, March 2, 2012

Breakfast Quiche

I like quiche! It is delicious, and reminds me of one of my students whose mother often gives me a slice when she makes them. She usually makes the broccoli and potato quiche (recipe here), but I sometimes like something more substantial, and by that, I just mean, I'd like a tiny bit of meat. 

Breakfast quiche is great. Firstly, breakfast for dinner is just about the best thing ever. Secondly, bacon. Thirdly, there is always enough leftover for breakfast the next day.

It looks a little burnt on one side, but I assure you it is just the color saturation. :)

Ingredients (4 servings)
  • 1 store-bought (or you can make it yourself) pie crust
  • 1 crown broccoli, cut into smaller pieces
  • 1 potato, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
  • 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch sections
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1/2 cup cheese (any cheese) [I used some cheese cubes and some shredded cheese]
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • pinch of salt
  • pinch of black pepper


Method
  • In a pan, crisp the bacon slices until all the fat has rendered and the bacon is crispy.
  • Remove the bacon from the pan, keeping the bacon fat in the pan.
  • Saute the sliced onion in the bacon fat until the onion is limp and slightly transparent.
  • Add the broccoli pieces, bacon, onions and potato to the pie crust.
  • In another bowl, add the eggs, milk, salt and pepper, and mix.
  • Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.
  • Top with cheese, and bake in the oven at 375F for 30 to 40 minutes, until eggs have set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment