Sunday, March 25, 2012

Buttered Bok Choy with Almonds

This is going to be one hard recipe to categorized. What will buttered bok choy with almonds count as - Asian or Western? I have no idea, but the one thing I know is that this is my own recipe. I dreamt of it, believe it or not, and have been wanting to try this seemingly strange combination of ingredients. 

Well, I guess people can argue that this is not a strange concoction at all. After all, butter goes with anything - at least I think so, and the Asians have been using cashews in their stirfrys since forever. So, why not almonds, right? 



Ingredients (1 serving)
  • 1/2 tablespoon butter
  • 1/4 lb bok choy, washed
  • 2 tablespoons almond slivers (I didn't have any, so I chopped some whole roasted almonds)
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • salt and pepper to taste


Method
  • Put the bok choy and 2 tablespoons of water in a pot. 
  • Cover, and turn up the heat. 
  • When steam starts becoming visible though the lid, uncover, and add the butter.
  • Mix the butter and bok choy until evenly combined. 
  • Add the almonds, toss to combine, then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment