Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Green Bean Omelette

So this dish seems lame, but it is what we often had at home when I was a kid, and I really liked it. As a kid, I loved fried eggs. I could eat fried egg with rice and dark soy sauce for a meal, and be totally over the moon about it. Yup, I was an easy kid to feed. Green bean omelette - why not? It's easy, its nutritious and it is cheap!

Actually, green bean omelette is a very common side dish for Teochew (that's me!) congee. The Teowchews also like to fry up a ton of stuff in omelettes. We have onion omelettes, chaipo (preserved radish) omelettes and of course, the ever famous Egg Foo Young (or everything omelette as I call it). 



Ingredients
  • 1 cup green beans, chopped
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon cooking oil


Method
  • Break the eggs in a bowl, add the sesame oil, salt and soy sauce and beat to combine.
  • In a heated pan, add oil and fry the green beans until half cooked.
  • Add the eggs over the green beans and fry on each side until golden brown.
  • Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment