Sunday, March 11, 2012

Herbed Baked Salmon

Salmon, salmon, salmon, salmon, I LOVE SALMON! 

Unfortunately, I can't afford to eat it every day, so when we get salmon, it is a very special day. Ideally, my salmon is fresh and raw salmon belly, but I will eat it cooked, and I will eat other parts of the salmon too. I also like farm-raised salmon more than wild caught salmon, because I like the taste of the salmon fat (isn't that where the Omega-3 is?) and wild caught salmon doesn't have that much fat. Also, I'm very concerned about the sustainability of the fish we eat, and so I prefer to eat farm-raised fish rather than wild caught because I feel it is more sustainable that way. (Yes, I know this is a highly debatable topic.) I also like salmon steaks (see below) more than salmon filet because the bone really keeps the fish moist and juicy. I also tend not to dress the fish up too much because I like the smell and taste of fish. Keep it simple, stupid! :)

So here you go, a tasty and simple salmon recipe. Also, follow the timings for perfectly cooked fish. I really hate overcooked fish, so this one is definitely spot on!




This recipe has moved over to the new Emylogues blog! Visit the new blog here, and follow us on Facebook  or via email!

No comments:

Post a Comment