Thursday, March 22, 2012

[moved] Maggi Goreng (Fried Instant Noodles)

Maggi goreng (fried instant noodles) is mugging food. Back in college, we would study (or just hang out) till the wee hours of the morning, and often visited the 24-hr prata shop (Niqqi's) behind my dorm. [Seriously, I think opening a food stall near a university campus that sells food till late is hell of a good business model.] 

Anyway, when we went to Niqqi's, I would sometimes get roti prata, but more often than not, I'd get maggi goreng, because it is delicious, and someone told me that there are the same amount of calories in one roti prata and one bar of chocolate! For that 'price', I'd much rather get a bar of chocolate. Who eats one piece of roti prata anyway? The usual serving is at least two pieces, more like three or four WITH curry! Now you can see why maggi goreng is seemingly a better idea. Of course, no one has told me how many bars of chocolate a plate of maggi goreng is (yet), but I guess ignorance is bliss.

The name maggi goreng is Malay for fried maggi noodles. Maggi is a famous brand of instant noodles in Southeast Asia.



This recipe has moved to the new Emylogues blog! Visit the new blog here, and follow us on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment