Sunday, March 4, 2012

Nước Mắm Chấm (Vietnamese Dipping Sauce)

Nước mắm chấm is a well-known Vietnamese dipping sauce made from fish sauce. It is used to accompany chả giò (fried spring rolls), bún (Vietnamese rice vermicelli) or cơm tấm (Vietnamese broken rice), and is occasionally served with gỏi cuốn (Vietnamese rice paper rolls), although these are more often served with a peanut sauce.

When I visited my friend in Vietnam, her family had at least one 2-liter soda bottle filled with this in their fridge. I guess what I'm saying is, this is delicious, and you'll know why I made some in the forthcoming posts. :)



Ingredients (2 servings)
  • 1/4 cup fish sauce
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 chilis, minced [or more if you like it really spicy]
  • 1 shallot, minced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced

Method
  • Just put everything together, and give it a good stir or shake.

No comments:

Post a Comment