I'm not much of a salad person, and neither is Jason. However, I do like salads when they are interesting and do not taste like raw vegetables in some bottled sauce. I also enjoy really rich salads - things like Caesar salad, curry chicken salad and definitely salads with goat cheese.
My five components of salad = veggies, something sweet, some cheese, non-bottle salad dressing and some crunch (here, that would be the pecans.) Also, if everything is cut slightly smaller, this would be a good topping for crackers as an appetizer too!
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1 tablespoon goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tablespoon roasted pecans, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon raisins
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar and good olive oil
- Add the avocado, goat cheese, pecans and raisins together.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and good olive oil.