Saturday, April 28, 2012

Breaded Tilapia Fillets

One weekend, I was at H-Mart and saw that tilapia fillets were on sale for $2.99/lb. I immediately jumped on the opportunity for fish and got two fillets. Unfortunately, at checkout, the cashier charged me $4.99/lb for the fillets, and I did not spot that until I go home. So much for getting a good deal.

Anyway, I don't like to handle my fish extensively when I cook, because less is more when fish is concerned. Whole fishes get steamed, but I enjoy pan frying fillets so they get some nice coloration (and taste) going - maillard reaction



Ingredients (4 servings)
  • 2 fillets, cut into halves
  • 2 + 2 tablespoons cooking oil
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I used Italian breadcrumbs)
  • salt and pepper to taste


Method
  • Rub 2 tablespoons of cooking oil over your tilapia fillets.
  • Pour the breadcrumbs onto a plate, place the tilapia fillets on the plate of crumbs and lightly pat the crumbs onto the fillet.
  • In a heated skillet, 2 tablespoons of cooking oil (more if needed) and place the breaded tilapia fillets into the skillet.
  • Fry on one side for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the underside is golden brown.
  • Flip and fry the other side for another 1 to 2 minutes, until golden brown.
  • Serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment