You'll be pleasantly surprised. Mashed cauliflower doesn't taste at all what one would expect it to taste like. It wasn't completely gross like mashed peas, and it didn't hide behind a wall of seeetness like mashed carrots. The taste like cauliflower, and I just love that fresh taste of veggies.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- [optional] green onions for garnish
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces.
- Put cauliflower in a pot, and add 1/2 cup water.
- Heat until water comes to a boil, then turn heat down to a simmer. Cook until cauliflower is soft (about 10 minutes.)
- Drain cauliflower, and mash with a potato masher.
- Add milk, butter and salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.