Potatoes and peppers have to be the most basic ingredients ever. We always have a bag of potatoes and peppers of different colors lying around, and fried potatoes of any kind are just too delicious to bear. My favorite kind of potatoes are usually baked, and I really like dill baked potatoes and garlic hasselback potatoes. However, for breakfast, I like homefries or hash. I don't quite know the difference between the two, but I think it has got to do with how large or small the potatoes are.
Enjoy this hearty dish for breakfast, with eggs and toast, or just as a side! :)
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 2 potatoes, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- In a heated pan, add oil and fry potato cubes until slightly brown.
- Add diced red and yellow peppers and continue frying.
- Keep frying until the potatoes and peppers are evenly combined, and that the potatoes are browned.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, fry to combine.