Sunday, April 29, 2012

Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic

I still had half a cauliflower after making 'fauxtatoes' and needed to figure a good way to use them. Recently, I've been roasting every sort of vegetable thinkable, because it is easy and I really love the crusty and every so slightly charred bits that come with a good roast. Hence, here's another one to add to the roasting collection, and it is equally good. Somehow, for those who know what chaipo is, the roasted garlic bits had that sort of aroma. I was utterly impressed. Jason had no idea what I was talking about, but if he liked it anyway, that's fine.

Rant: Blogger's scheduling function doesn't work for me anymore. I'm a little iffed that it it's stopped working, since I write a bunch of posts and schedule it to post once every day or every other day. Looks like I'll have to manually post stuff for now (also, it ate up all the contents of one of my posts!)



Ingredients
  • 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into small pieces
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • pinch of salt and pepper to taste


Method

  • In a large bowl, add the olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
  • Add the small cauliflower pieces to the bowl.
  • Toss to combine.
  • Lay the cauliflower pieces on a single layer on a cookie sheet.
  • Bake in the oven at 400F for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment