Thursday, May 10, 2012

Cinnamon Pound Cake

Everyone loves a good pound cake. I remember having Sara Lee's pound cakes when I was really little (at that time, those were good, since we didn't have an oven at home), and being really excited about it. It was the equivalent of ice cream, and I always wanted to take some to school.

These days, we don't buy Sara Lee's pound cakes anymore. Those are full of saturated fats (oh my poor heart...) and sugars, and now, I have an oven. I make my pound cakes!

 
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cup plain flour
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
  • 1/4 cup sugar [this is a reduced sugar recipe]
  • 3/4 sticks butter
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

Method
  • Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
  • Pour the mixture into a loaf pan.
  • Bake this at 350F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
  • Slice and serve!




No comments:

Post a Comment