Sunday, May 27, 2012

Corn and Pork Bone Soup

I'm really not a soup type person, which is why there are very little soup recipes on this blog. I enjoy it, but I'm just a little too lazy to boil soups for a long long long time to make it super sweet and tasty. (My grandmother, on the other hand, makes the most delicious soups because she puts everything in it - all sorts of odds and ends!

However, corn soup is one of my favorite soups, and so when I went to my friends' JL and YH's places to make dinner (yup, I was invited to be their 'chef' for the day), I decided to go all out and make some soup for dinner too. At home, I just wouldn't bother, since the boiling process takes forever!



Ingredients
  • 2 carrots, cut into smaller pieces
  • 2 cobs of corn, cut into 4 pieces each
  • 1/2 lb pork bones
  • 1 packet enoki mushrooms, washed
  • salt and white pepper to taste
  • water


Method
  • In a pot of boiling water, parboil the pork bones for about five minutes.
  • Discard the water used for boiling, then add the corn, carrots and pork bones in the pot again, and fill with 'new' water.
  • Turn up the heat till the soup comes to a rolling boil, then turn down to low heat, cover, and let the soup simmer for a few hours (at least 2 hours, but preferably 4 or more hours.)
  • When about to serve, add in the enoki mushrooms, salt and white pepper to taste.
  • Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment