Everyone loves fried potato, right? It's greasy, it's crispy, it's good. I've tried so many ways to get that crunch without deep-frying potato, and I'm afraid I've finally found the secret to baking crispy potatoes - corn starch.
- 3 russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons corn starch or corn flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- [optional] 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut each potato into halves, then halve them again lengthwise.
- Cut each of these quarters into three pieces lengthwise. (Each potato makes 12 wedges.)
- Pour the oil over the wedges, then toss the oiled wedges in cornstarch and garlic powder (optional), then season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the wedges in the oven at 400F for 10 to 12 minutes. Serve.