Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pasta with Baby Scallops and White Wine Reduction

I'm a huge fan of seafood, so when I saw that Hannaford has nice, fresh, wild-caught baby scallops going for a whopping low price of $5.99/lb, I caved and got a pound of scallops - I guess that means there will be more recipes with scallop coming up!

I had no idea what to do with scallops, and so I decided to make pasta. Pasta is never a bad thing, and I usually  have some rice and cooked pasta in the fridge just ready to go. Angel hair is my all-time favorite, but we got a huge 5 pound bag of macaroni for only $3ish and so macaroni it is!

 

Ingredients
  • 4 oz baby scallops
  • 1/2 tomato, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, sliced
  • 1 shallot, minced
  • 1/3 cup white wine
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked pasta (any kind would do, I used macaroni)
  • 1 + 1 tablespoon cooking oil
  • [optional] green onions for garnish


Method
  • In a very very hot pan, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and sear the baby scallops.
  • When the scallops are cooked, remove the scallops from the heat.
  • Turn down the heat, and add another tablespoon of cooking oil to the pan.
  • Add the shallots and garlic to the pan and fry until fragrant.

  • When the shallots and garlic are fragrant, add the white wine to the pan and deglaze the pan.
  • Add the tomatoes and pasta to the pan, then fry until evenly combined.
  • Add salt and pepper to taste, then garnish and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment