I love roasted brussels sprout, and have always been interested in using roasted vegetables in salads, since I really like the chao tar (burnt) smell that roasted vegetables always have. It's not a 'burnt' smell per se, but the crisp caramelization on the edges of the brussels sprout do give a slightly smoky flavor to the salad.
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 4 oz brussels sprout, halved
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 - 4 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- [optional] other salad vegetables
- [optional] croutons
- Toss the brussels sprout halves in the cooking oil, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the brussels sprout on a baking sheet and bake at 450F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- When the brussels sprout are done, put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the tomato, avocado, pecans and toss.
- Add the lemon juice, goat cheese, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss lightly and serve.