Monday, May 7, 2012

Strawberries n' Cream Meringue

I'm a sucker for dessert - especially warm desserts. There's something about this cold New England MAY that really bothers me. I had no idea that I was still going to be wearing winter jackets in MAY. It might have made me rethink my options before deciding to come to the land of the Red Sox for grad-grad school. *sigh*

Anyway, back to warm desserts. I love warm desserts in this weather. There is something really cosy about warm desserts - steamed egg custards, bread puddings, carrot puddings - I love them all!



Ingredients (2 servings)
  • 6-8 strawberries, cleaned, tops removed and halved
  • 4 tablespoons cream
  • 1 eggwhite
  • 1 tablespoon castor sugar


Method
  • Arrange the strawberries in two small ramekins.
  • Add 2 tablespoons of cream in each ramekin.
  • Using a hand mixer, beat the egg whites and slowly add castor sugar.
  • Beat egg whites until fluffy.
  • Spoon the fluffy egg whites on top of the strawberries and cream in the ramekins.
  • Place ramekins in oven, and bake at 325F for 15 to 20  minutes.
  • Serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment