Ingredients for sauce (2 servings)
- 2-3 tablespoons fermented black beans, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 block tofu, cut into 1cm x 1cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 pound lo mein noodles
|These are the fermented black beans!|
- In a medium sized pot, add oil and fry the onions.
- When the onions are slightly transparent, add garlic and fermented black beans. Fry until everything is fragrant.
- Add the carrots, celery and green peppers. Fry until they are half cooked.
- Add tofu, sesame oil, oyster sauce and stock, then fry until everything is combined.
- Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- In another pot, boil water, and cook lo mein noodles to the desired doneness. (Approximately 5-7 minutes.)
- Drain noodles, then divide equally into two portions.
- Pour half the sauce onto each portion.
- Serve, toss and eat.