Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Shrimp and Onion Omelette

I love fried eggs! :) In the three days I spent back in Boston (came from Singapore, left for Helsinki), I used up more than a dozen eggs. That dozen eggs were probably in the fridge when I left Boston for Singapore about five weeks ago. *haha* 

Anyway, I do believe that most things taste good in an omelette, and I grew up eating omelettes of all kinds - especially shrimp omelette, onion omelette, chaipo omelette, string bean omelette. I would be so very happy to have two fried eggs with rice and soy sauce for a meal. Yes, I grew up with the omelette. I love it.

So, I used to have shrimp omelettes and onion omelettes, so I decided to put the two together and make shrimp and onion omelette! :) It's super easy too!



Ingredients (as part of a larger meal)
  • 3 eggs
  • 3-4 oz shrimp, peeled, cleaned and deveined
  • 1/2 white onion, sliced
  • white pepper to taste
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons oil

Method
  • Crack the eggs in a bowl and beat them until the whites and yolks are combined.
  • Add the sliced onions and shrimp to the eggs.
  • Add soy sauce and white pepper, then mix to combine.
  • In a large heated frying pan, add the oil, then pour the egg mixture into the pan.
  • Let cook on one side until it is golden brown, then flip and cook the other side. (I had to cut it into smaller pieces because it was too big for me to flip.)
  • Share and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment