Monday, August 13, 2012
Last week, we made meatballs and had some leftovers. Good thing we have a meatball monster in the house. Meatball subs are the only sandwiches that Jason eats (well, given a choice.) If we're desperate and go to Subway (which happens like once in two years), he gets a meatball sub. If we're at the 'deis and there's no other food open than Quiznos (which happens more than it should), he gets a meatball sub. He gets a meatball sub like it's like the only sub in the whole world. That's how much he likes meatballs and meatball subs!
Anyway, we turned our leftovers into a meal, and made meatball subs with kaiser rolls from Sloppy Joe night. So, here you go!
Ingredients (feeds 2)
- 12 meatballs
- 2 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 subs or 4 kaiser rolls
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or whatever you want!)
- Pour the marinara sauce in a stockpot, and add meatballs to the marinara sauce.
- Heat to a simmer, and let the sauce reduce to about 2/3 it's original volume.
- Add the cheese on to the sub/kaiser, and toast it until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Add the meatballs on the sub/kaiser, and you're ready to dig in! Enjoy!
logged by Emy at 8:00 PM